Ellipsis Exercise


Choose the correct answer.

1. Harry did his homework, even though he_______.

  • didn't want
  • didn't want to

2. She said she could use a computer but it was obvious that she_______.
  • couldn't use
  • couldn't

3. We can't repair your car today but _______tomorrow.
  • we can 
  • we can repair

4. You don't work as hard as_______.
  • you do 
  • you should

5. I don't know if I'll pass all my exams but I_______.
  • hope to 
  • hope

6. Although I could have gone to university, I_______.
  • haven't
  • didn't

7. Simon broke his brother's computer but he didn't_______.
  • mean to
  • mean to break

8. She should get a job but she_______.
  • didn't
  • won't





Answers
1. didn't want to
2. couldn't 
3. we can
4. you should
5. hope to
6. didn't 
7. mean to
8. won't

No comments:

Post a Comment